ONE SERUM AGAINST 5+ PROBLEMS — MYTH OR REALITY? LET’S FIND OUT!
If you still don’t understand what serum is, and why you need it, you are not alone.
Serums began to gain popularity just a few years ago. Spate’s research shows 20 to 40 % growth of serums with hyaluronic acid in different markets during COVID-19 pandemic. Maybe, even you have believed in powerful statements, and picked up some attractive bottles.
But what is the difference between serums, creams, lotions, and masks? Why do they work? And how to apply them?
We answered the most frequently asked questions about serums. Read the answers in the article 💕
What is 'Serum'?
It is a water-based, highly concentrated skincare product with a lightweight, velvety texture. Depending on the key active ingredients, it can solve many skin’s problems, from wrinkles to post-acne scars.
What is the Difference Between Serum and Other Skincare Products?
#1. Concentration of the key active ingredients
• Serums contain more active ingredients than creams or toners do.
• Highly concentrated formulas get absorbed and act more quickly.
• Active molecules of serums get absorbed faster, because they are smaller than the ones in other skincare products.
• The serums are half-creamy, half-liquid products. But they are not so liquid, as toners, and not so creamy, as creams themselves. Their texture is lightweight and velvety to the touch.
• Serums are suitable for all skin types. The only exception — targeted serums for specific skin’s problems, like extra dryness, excess sebum, or acne-prone skin.
• Сlassic serums are lighter than creams and masks, because they are water-based.
• Serums aim to address targeted problems. What problems they solve, depends on the key ingredients they contain.
• E. g. Vitamin C brightens hyperpigmentation and skin tone. Peptides even skin tone and smooth lines and wrinkles. Salicylic acid fights blemishes.
Does It Mean That Serums Can Be Used Instead of Creams, Toners, Masks, Etc.?
Serums do not replace other skincare products. They complement them. Complex skincare means your skin gets all it needs for healthy and radiant complexion.
Think of it as your winter coat. The hood it has can cover your head, but it doesn’t warm you as a hat. To warm your body, you need a hat, mittens, a scarf, and a pair of trousers.
How to Apply Serum?
Like any other skincare product.
Dermatologists recommend to apply serum after a cleanser and a toner, and before a moisturizer.
• Apply a few drops of the serum on clean skin using a pipette.
• Spread the serum using delicate circular motions.
🕒 Apply twice a day, morning and night.
In Autumn, My Skin is Very Dry. I Notice Dry Lines, Redness, and Itchiness. What Serum Can You Recommend?
Try serums with peptides, amino acids, and hyaluronic acid. They repair your skin on a molecular level, soothe itchiness and irritation, and restore its moisture level to prevent dryness.
Does OK Beauty’s Serum Address This Problems?
If your skin is:
✔ itchy, flaky and prone to redness,
✔ reactive and extra sensitive, especially in autumn and winter,
✔ need extra hydration and renewal,
✔ or if you just prefer products with light-weight textures,
Hydrating & Balancing Multipeptide Active Serum is your choice!
How Does It Act?
1. Boosts collagen and elastin production.
2. Makes skin resistant to humidity, wind and other negative external factors.
3. Deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
4. Smoothes lines and wrinkles, making it less deep.
5. Soothes itchiness, redness and irritation.
6. Stimulates the natural regeneration process.
7. Improves skin’s firmness.
Discover more benefits of this serum on its page >>
Lamellar emulsion formula (MLE - Multi-Lamellar Emulsion) has a velvety texture, is easy to apply and absorbs quickly without leaving a sticky feeling. The structure of MLE is similar to the lipid layer of the epidermis, which allows active ingredients to be absorbed easily.
OK Beauty developed the collection of complementary products for all skin types. Discover our cleansing gel, calming toner, repairing serum, moisturizing cream, and extra nourishing mask.
Create your personal skincare ritual based on your skin’s needs. Find more effective and powerful products for face, body, hair and makeup in our catalog.
Take care of your skin with OK Beauty! 💕